Yoga for Parkinson’s Instructor
Renée Le Verrier, RYT
I am a certified yoga instructor who focuses on creating adaptations
and modifications for individuals who find it challenging to move with ease.
As a stroke survivor and a person living with Parkinson’s disease, I know that physical limitations can cause a sense of disconnection not only with our bodies but also within ourselves.
For me, yoga gently smoothes the way and leads to greater fluidity and balance in my body as well as in my spirit.
Through teaching, writing and presenting about yoga, I hope to share this path to strength and grace.
- RYT 200 National Yoga Alliance
- Liaison: Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF)
- Presenter, Arts & Movement Program Co-coordinator: American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA)
- Boston University Parkinson’s Disease Symposium for Health Care Providers.
- PDF Clinical Research Learning Institute
- Yoga for the Rest of Us with Peggy Cappy, RYT.
- Companion DVD to Yoga for Movement Disorders: Rebuilding Strength, Fluidity and Balance for Parkinson’s Disease and Dystonia (Merit Publishing International, 2010)
- Yoga for Movement Disorders: Rebuilding Strength, Fluidity and Balance for Parkinson’s Disease and Dystonia (Merit Publishing International, 2008)
- A, B, C . . . X, Yoga, Z (Orchard House Press, 2009)
- The Four Friends: A Bhutanses Folk Tale (Orchard House Press, 2012)
- World Parkinson Disease Congress Poster
- “Yoga Teacher Training for Students with Parkinson’s Disease,”
- Eric Hoffer Book Award, Health Category, 2010: Yoga for Movement Disorders
- World Parkinson Disease Congress, 2010, Video: “Why I Teach Yoga”
Patient and Family Council
- Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital
- Advocate for patients and family; foster open communication, innovative ideas to develop, enhance and support the successful healing process; promote community awareness.
contact Renée: email@example.com